- 24hr. Next Day UK delivery
- Nationwide distributor of power cable accessories
- Supplying the trade for over 30 years
Monthly Archives: December 2013
Screened separable connectors and elbows are used to terminate polymeric (XLPE & EPR) insulated cables onto switchgear and transformers fitted with ANSI/CENELEC-style bushing interfaces up to 42kV.
Layers of alternate insulating and semi-conductive EPDM rubber replicate the cable construction and provide a touch-safe interface between the cable and equipment.
Suitable for use on the five main bushing interfaces including: Interface A, Interface B, Interface C, Interface D, and Interface E, the new CENELEC Interface F is also available for high-current applications.
There are a number of advantages of using a separable screened connector system including:
- Rugged compact design – allows installation in modern compact substations
- Full screened cable-equipment interface – touch-safe
- Maintenance free
- Quick and simple to install
- Easy to disconnect de-energised cables
- Can connect more than one cable to a single bushing interface
- Fully moisture-resistant – can be used outdoor without a cable box
- IP67 protection – dust tight and protection against the effects of moisture
- Resistant to UV, Ozone, chemicals, mechanical abuse
- Temperate range from -60oC + 130oC
- Offers many test options: capacitive test points, cable tests
- Suitable for cables between 12kV–36kV, 250amp-1250amp (42kV and 2500amp for the Interface F)
If you found this article helpful or interesting, please share it!